Saturday, November 8, 2008

50th Find!

Ok, so 50 finds is maybe not something most geocachers would get excited about, but it is quite an accomplishment for me. I love to go out geocaching but it is difficult to find the time and with a young son, he just can't go everywhere. We love those hunts that take you out into the woods, across a river, into a valley, up the other side, down the path to Grandmother's house...oops! That's a different story.

Now that we have our 50th find, I can start working my way to 100 - not that I am doing it for the numbers...it's just fun to recognize milestones sometimes isn't it?

I am going out with someone new to geocaching tomorrow to show her how it's all done. I haven't checked the weather but I am pretty sure it's going to rain. Everytime I have introduced this activity to someone, it rains. I think it is the ultimate test - if you can withstand a torrential downpour and still be smiling as you wring out your underwear...you are forever hooked.

Next time it rains, you can check back here to see if I am initiating a new geocacher...

No comments: